Wednesday 12 June 2024

OF ALL THE THINGS

Of all the things I have going on in my head:
 
1) I'm pretty sure I have ADHD
2) My sister and I had an interesting chat about it last night. At the very least, my father has ADHD. 
3) Reflecting on my past through this lens makes me very emotional.
4) When we've mentioned it to my mum, her reaction is to say that neither Kim nor I were "unruly" or "undisciplined" as young children and both managed school well. However, when you look into the symptoms of the hyperactivity aspect of ADHD, it's far more nuanced than the idea of being disruptive or overly energetic. 
5) "Act out of turn and don’t think about consequences of actions" - Sorry.
5b) Of course there's a wave of social media frenzy related to the topic with the potential of self-misdiagnosis. However, this shouldn't negate one's genuine self-reflection and personal inquiry into the matter.
6) Different topic: Knowing someone and reading someone but you can't engage. 
7) Missing someone but you can't engage. 
8) To me, many relationship conventions are absolutely absurd. 
9) I've been working as a set designer on a number of music video shoots with a fun team. I'm optimistic about this and feel excited about the energy I'm putting towards being a set designer-for-real. I have such a long way to go but I'm pushing and feel like I have my dreams back. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment