Thursday 4 July 2013

TICKING WRIST

I've been feeling uninspired lately. Unmotivated to paint. I've tried getting one out a number of times but it's difficult breaking away from aesthetic habits that seem to control decisions while doodling. Unless I have an intention from the start, scribbling can become boring when repeating old lines, themes or methods. When this happens what I find helps is to "think until it starts to control". I force myself to trust my intuition and make unconsidered marks that oppose any visual goals. It is the only way I discover new ways of creating and expressing. 


A lot has gone on since I last posted. I've booked my tickets to Ethiopia. And I've moved my office home and am consequentially much happier and procrastinating more!


No comments:

Post a Comment